24 YEARS ON and while the latest edition was naturally delayed, the key photographic collection of the latest GAA season has been released.
Click Here: wallabies rugby merchandise
A dejected Noel McGrath after defeat in the Tipperary county senior football final
Source: Ray McManus/SPORTSFILE
Kathryn Browne working as the HSE used Croke Park as a drive-in venue for Covid-19 testing.
The team at Sportsfile were on hand during a turbulent and strange 2020 season at GAA grounds all around the country with their efforts compilied in the latest production of ‘A Season of Sundays’.
Dessie Farrell after his Dublin side ran out comfortable winners over Laois.
With the All-Ireland finals only winding up in December, the usual pre-Christmas production had to be pushed back to the New Year. It was officially unveiled last night at a virtual launch by GAA President John Horan.
Limerick hurler William O’Donoghue at the official launch of A Season Of Sundays.
Here’s a selection of the best images covering the return to play after lockdown, a season where games took place in front of small crowds or empty stands, and there were still some memorable end of season successes.
Details on how to purchase the book can be found here.
- Local man Martin Connolly watches a game through the gates in Tuam Stadium in Galway
- Young fans follow the play between Clonduff and Kilcoo in their Down club match
- The footballers of Milltown make their entrance at Pearse Stadium in Galway
- Match officials in Cusack Park in Ennis watch the streaming of a game elsewhere in the county
- Mayo captain Aidan O’Shea as Dublin lift Sam after the All-Ireland final
of the team
Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership.
Become a Member
- Antrim’s Joe Maskey and Kerry’s Michael O’Leary in action in the Joe McDonagh Cup final
- Half-time team talk for the Cavan players in October from manager Mickey Graham
- Tipperary players celebrate after their Munster final win over Cork
- 13th March was the day the GAA suspended all activities across the country due to Covid-19
- Patrick Evans and his grandson Shane from Annascaul in Kerry watching on for a match in Edendork in Tyrone
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!